Renting a plot
ALSO: We can only offer allotments to Nottingham City residents. If you live outside the city boundaries you will have to contact your local council to find information about allotment letting in your area
Please see our page on volunteering if you are interested in the variety of volunteer opportunities on offer.
What happens after I've selected an allotment?
You will arrange a time to come into the office to sign your Tenancy Agreement and collect your keys.
You can then start working on your allotment.
How much will it cost?
- The amount of rent you pay depends on the size of the allotment. The cost is 24p per square yard each year (this includes water).
- Gardens can range in price from approximately £50-£100 per year. Some smaller ones can be as little as £40 per year and some larger gardens can be up to £130 per year.
- There is a discount on the rent if you are in receipt of certain benefits. This applies to only one allotment garden per person. If this applies to you, you will need to show copies of your benefit documents when you complete the Tenancy Agreement and at the time of paying your rent.
How do I pay the rent?
- Invoices for allotment rents are sent out by STAA on 1st April of each year. You can pay in cash, cheque or via the internet or telephone banking. Details of how to pay are on your invoice. Cheques should be payable to STAA Ltd.
- If you don’t pay your rent within the time stated on the invoice, the tenancy of the allotment will be reviewed and the plot will possibly be re-let.
- Please inform STAA of any change of address, telephone or email address so that the tenancy records can be maintained, and invoices can be forwarded to the correct address. This is also so that you can be contacted to inform you about any site issues which you need to know about.